Mentally Preparing Yourself To Lose Weight
A lot of people set out to lose weight without realizing how difficult it can be. In fact, even if they lose weight, many people gain at least some weight back. Why is that? It’s because they have not properly mentally prepared themselves to lose and keep the weight off. This article is going to help you keep your mind on the prize.
Tip: Most effective weight-loss plans rely on improving fitness levels. You need to work out for at least 30 minutes a day.
1. Make a commitment to losing weight. This is the first step. you have to make a real commitment to weight loss. You simply have to make a decision that you’re never going back. To help you with this commitment, tell people you know. The act of telling others helps you to be accountable for your actions and can keep you motivated to keep going, even when you really don’t want to.
Tip: Cut your caffeine intake for better weight loss. Studies show that caffeine tends to slow down your metabolism.
2. Give yourself a concrete, realistic goal. It’s not enough to say you want to lose weight. That’s not going to help you get where you want to be. Do you want to lose 20 pounds? Do you want to be able to run around the block? Give yourself something concrete to look forward to. However, don’t set yourself up for disappointment by giving yourself too far to climb. You can always reassess your goals as you reach them, and create new goals when you’ve met older goals.
Tip: When trying to shed unwanted pounds, make sure you keep healthy food snacks at home. Buy some handy storage containers.
3. Talk to other people who are trying to lose weight. We’ve all been there: on a diet, and out to eat with friends who get the most fattening, delicious foods. This isn’t fair to you. You have to try at least some of the time to spend time with people who know what it’s like to try to lose weight. People who are on the journey with you will have a better idea of what you’re going through than many others who never have to worry about their weight.
Tip: Get a friend to exercise with. This way, exercising will feel more like socializing sessions rather than drudgery to lose weight.
4. Do some kind of visualization or meditation. This may sound “woo woo” to you, but the fact is that Olympic teams around the world have been trained to visualize their end goal. This can help you feel better about where you’re going, but what’s more than that, some even say that visualizing or meditating about your success actually helps you achieve it. Whether or not you believe that, meditation and visualization can be relaxing and help you to relieve stress.
Tip: A regular part of your weight loss program could be a healthy sex life. You may have less cravings for the wrong types of foods if you have sex.
5. Stay focused. It’s one thing to say you’re going to do something, but when your favorite show comes on, do you decide to skip your nightly walk? Hold yourself accountable for your exercise sessions and proper eating, and if you have trouble, recruit a loved one to help.
After reading this article it should be clear that losing weight is as much a mental game as it is a physical one. Use the tips here to make sure that you can lose weight and keep it off, by using your body and brain together. If you slip up, forgive yourself and carry on. Soon you’ll notice that your new lifestyle is fantastic and you’re always in the weight range you desire.
Tags: weight loss.